New Frontier Farm was established in 2010 as a self-sustainable farm for private use. We started with one dairy goat bought to provide the family with fresh milk and also a small garden plot.
After getting on the "locavore"
bandwagon, we decided to expand to help others be able to reap the benefits of farm fresh food available right in the city limits of our small town.
We now have a herd of around 70 goats, and raise rabbits, ducks, and chickens and have erected a greenhouse for year-round vegetable production.
Demand has given us the opportunity to sell to the public on-site and at our local farmers market, and we also sell to Dallas area chefs.
Read more about us in a recent article by Katy Bynum from Multiview Media:
ALL NATURAL FERTILIZERS
- Manures from our animals is composted and used year-round to develop rich fertile soil for growing the best possible produce. We also have several composting areas on site in constant stages of rotation to amend soils.
NATURAL PEST CONTROL
- We NEVER use pesticides on the farm and pride ourselves in the organic growing methods we use.
- Our chickens and ducks are kept on the perimeter of our gardens to help keep pests at bay. When we do need control that our flock can't manage, we use all natural sprays and powders such as diatomacious earth.
We love what we do.
- To humanely raise and care for the animals we keep on the farm.
- To give our customers the freshest and most nutritious products available.
- To create a sustainable and earth friendly environment for raising our livestock and produce.
- To educate and promote the small family farm.
- To keep local food available to smart consumers who care about what they put in their bodies no matter what the cost.